Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Afterword

Congratulations to everyone on a marvelous performance. This entire fall experience has been really good, and I hope that you found it enjoyable as well.

Sunday's performance was a real treat for me, particularly the Bach. As I was playing, I kept thinking of the amount of time and rehearsals everyone put into the cantata, and that sentiment was quite moving. Of course, the music itself was very moving, and I am lucky in that my organ part was easy enough so that I could really listen to all of you.

While you may feel that the performance wasn't perfect (what performance ever is?), I can assure you that, at least from my vantage point, the performance was a real joy and very uplifting. Sure, Messiah is a wonderful thing and you sang it very well, but I am particularly pleased with how well the Bach went. I wish we could do it again.

I wish you all a joyful holiday season, and I thank you for all that you gave to make Sunday's performance a highlight of my year.

-Paul

2 comments:

  1. What an uplifting pleasurable message. You are correct when you state that we singers feel that the performance was not up to par, but your reassurance that it was in fact well-done, brings a smile to my face.

    Thanks for your efforts, and your wry wit.

    Art, a bass.

    ReplyDelete